The Commvault file archiving solution for NetApp enables you to move data to a secondary storage and use it to function as an archive copy.
The proxy computer that initiates recall operations uses a Common Internet File System (CIFS) connection to access data residing on the NetApp file server.
- Server Message Block (SMB) 1.0 protocol
- SMB 2.0 protocol
- SMB 3.0 protocol
What is Archived
- Native Microsoft NTFS volumes
- VERITAS Storage Manager Exec is supported as an add-on.
- Polyserver Cluster File System is supported as add-on.
The subclient filter does not filter the MediaAgent disk library mount paths from the subclient content. Therefore, you must specify the volumes that contain disk library mount paths for subclient filter. Otherwise, the entire disk library will be archived.
What is Not Archived
The following file types/objects are automatically filtered out of archive operations by the system, and cannot be archived.
- Install folder
- Job Results folder
- Index cache folder
- Log files folder
- Windows system32 folder
- Alias mount points to drive letter volumes*
- Unix data residing on a Windows NFS share
- Files with attributes of encrypted or sparse
- Files with attributes of hidden and system
- Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 computers from Resilient File System (ReFS) volumes.
Files Excluded from Archiving
Last modified: 5/8/2019 8:57:54 AM