Orchestrating Legal Discovery Using Case Manager
Case Manager is a feature within Compliance Search that enables compliance officers to collect data from specific sources, such as laptops, desktops, mailboxes, or journal emails, that are owned by a particular person. Compliance officers can then search this data for relevant electronically stored information (ESI).
How Case Manager Works
When a request for electronically stored information (ESI) involves a specific person or group of people, compliance officers can use Case Manager to collect relevant data. Data is collected in a case set, which can be configured for different types of data on clients owned by one or more individuals. Additional criteria, such as filters, can be applied to the case to remove irrelevant data from the case. Data in a case can be retained indefinitely or according to the settings of an associated storage policy.
Data Retention for Case Manager
When a case is created, compliance officers can choose to collect data from a backup copy or create a reference copy of the backup data. When backup copy data is used in a case, data aging is disabled on the backup client so that data can be retained indefinitely for compliance searches. When a reference copy is created, retention is determined by a storage policy that is associated to the reference copy.
Case Manager reference copy clients that appear in the CommCell Console should be considered read-only as their properties are automatically modified by the Case Manager software
Note: When backup data is collected in a case, the Data Retention Forecast and Compliance Report will indicate that data aging has been disabled on the client. See Data Retention Forecast and Compliance Report.
Only data from the following agents can be collected and searched with Case Manager:
- Windows File System Agent
- Exchange Mailbox (Classic) Agent
- Exchange Compliance Archiver Agent
Data must be backed up and content indexed before it will appear in a case.
Exceptions to Retention Settings for Case Data
Data that is included in a case will not be protected if any of the following occur:
- The client, subclient, content indexed objects, storage policy, or agent associated to a case asset are de-configured or deleted from the CommCell group.
- Backup jobs containing the data in a case are re-picked.
- The license for the client or agent associated to a case asset is released.
- The license for the reference copy client created for the case is edited or released.
- The reference copy client created for the case is deleted.
- Commvault is uninstalled from the client or MediaAgent associated to a case asset.
Last modified: 5/17/2019 1:57:11 PM