Getting Started with the NDMP Agent
Step 1: Review Requirements and Supported Features
Refer to the following information to learn more about the requirements for the NDMP Agent, and the supported features:
Step 2: Install the NDMP Agent
Review each of the following topics to get started with the installation:
- MediaAgent Installations
You must install the MediaAgent software on a computer connected to the file server that you want to protect. The software for the NDMP Agent is installed automatically as part of the MediaAgent installation.
- Add a NAS Client
You must add a NAS client before you can backup NDMP file system data.
Step 3: Prepare for Your First Backup and Restore
- Open the CommCell Console.
- Configure libraries and drives attached to a file server.
- Create a storage policy and assign the storage policy to a subclient.
- Decide whether you want the following additional functionality:
- You want to be notified of events that require attention. For more information, see Alerts and Notifications - Overview.
- You want to report and analyze critical data about your CommCell operations.
For more information about reports, see Reports Overview.
- You want to manage security.
For more information, see User Account and Password Management - Getting Started.
Step 4: Run Your First Backup and Restore
Step 5: Where to Go from Here
- To properly plan for rapid recovery of critical data and restoration of business functions in the event of a disaster, review Full System Recovery: NAS NDMP Agent.
- Configure Data Retention and Data Aging for your data. For more information, see Data Aging.
Last modified: 9/17/2018 8:04:44 PM