Huawei Storage Server Data Protection
Commvault supports the following methods for protecting data stored on a Huawei Storage Server:
- Snapshot backups of application data using IntelliSnap backups.
- Backups of application data using Commvault application iDataAgents.
- Backups of file system data that is shared via the Common Internet File System (CIFS) or Network File System (NFS) protocols using Commvault file system iDataAgents.
IntelliSnap Snapshot Management
Commvault supports IntelliSnap backups of logical unit numbers (LUNs) on Huawei Storage Servers. Application data residing on Huawei LUNs that are mounted on a Windows or UNIX client can be backed up using the Huawei snapshot functionality.
To start protecting data on Huawei Storage Servers using IntelliSnap backups, see IntelliSnap - Huawei - Overview.
Back Up Using an Application iDataAgent
Commvault also supports backing up data on Huawei Storage Servers LUNs to tape or magnetic libraries using either of the following methods:
- Running a backup of the application data using the appropriate Commvault application iDataAgent.
- Creating a backup copy of a Huawei snapshot backup using the appropriate Commvault application iDataAgent.
To start protecting data on Huawei Storage Servers using an application iDataAgent, see the appropriate application documentation in the Backup section.
Back Up CIFS or NFS Shares Using a File System iDataAgent
Commvault also supports backups of data on Huawei Storage Servers shared via the CIFS and NFS protocols. Backups of data on CIFS or NFS shares can be performed by mounting the share to a client, and then running a backup of the client using the appropriate file system iDataAgent as follows:
- To protect CIFS shares from a Huawei Storage Server, add the UNC path of the CIFS share to the subclient content of a Windows client and run a backup with the Windows File System iDataAgent. See Adding UNC Paths as Content for Windows File System.
- To protect NFS shares from a Huawei Storage Server, add the NFS mount point to the subclient content of a UNIX client and run a backup with the UNIX File System iDataAgent. See Creating a Subclient to Backup NFS-Mounted File Systems.
Last modified: 1/9/2018 7:17:26 PM