OnePass for Network Shares - Restore
Accessing Your Archived Data
Use the following procedure to access your archived data.
- Log on to the recall computer where you have installed the File Share Archiver Client or the Driver for File Archiver.
- Verify that the recall computer has UNC path access to the stubs that are archived and reside on the file server or
- Verify that the recall computer has a mapped network drive that can access the shares.
- Click the folder that contains the stubs.
For an EMC Unity file server, you cannot view the offline attribute and offline icon of the stub. All stubs will be of size 1234 bytes.
- Double-click the stubs. It may take a few minutes for the recovered file to open.
Tip: You can set up recall throttling using stub recovery parameters. For more information, see Setting Up Recall Throttling Using Stub Recovery Parameters for OnePass Clients.
- Verify if the tape is exported before attempting a recall job. To verify the tape, add the nRETRY_RECALL_CHECK_ISTAPEEXPORTED_BEFORE_RECALL additional setting on the MediaAgent computer as shown in the following table.
For instructions on adding the additional settings from the CommCell Console, see Add or Modify an Additional Setting.
- After you recycle the Client Manager Service (ClMgrS) services on the client computer or proxy computer, the first stub that you recall takes a long time, and you receive an "Access Denied" error. For more information, see Article ID: NSOP0001.
- Open the CommCell console.
- In the CommCell Browser, click Client Computers.
- Click the <client> where the File System iDataAgent agent is located.
- Click the <backup set> where the subclient is located.
- Right-click the <subclient> and click Browse and Restore.
- In the Backup Options dialog box, select Latest Backup and click View Content.
- In the Client: <client name> (Latest Data) tab, click to select the <backup set>.
- Click Recover All Selected.
- In the Restore Options dialog box:
- Select the Restore Data instead of stub check box if you want to restore the data instead of stub.
- Select the Impersonate User check box and enter the same credentials that you provided when you created your subclient.
- Click OK.
The restore job appears in the Job Controller tab in the CommCell console.
- Once the restore job is complete, right-click the <backup set> that contains the <subclient> whose data you restored.
- Point to View and click Restore History.
- In the Restore History Filter dialog box, click OK.
- Right-click the restore job and click View Job Details to view the details of your restore job.
Advanced Restore Options
Refer to the Advanced Restore - OnePass for Network Shares documentation for instructions on advanced restore options.
Last modified: 1/16/2019 4:54:43 PM