Recover Data - OnePass for Celerra
Accessing Your Archived Data
Use the following procedure to access your archived data.
- Make sure that the client computer has UNC access to the stubs on file server or has a mapped network drive to the share.
- If you are using a separate computer with Web Console and Web Server installed on it for recalls, make sure that the recall computer is in the same domain as that of the Celerra file server.
- Navigate to the folder with stubs in it.
Important: You can view the preview of the file when you click on the stub. For more information on configuring the preview, see Configuring Thumbnail Preview of Stubs.
- Double-click the stub.
Tip: You can set up recall throttling using stub recovery parameters. For more information, see Setting Up Recall Throttling Using Stub Recovery Parameters for OnePass Clients.
It may take a few minutes for the recovered file to appear once you double-click the stub. On Windows 2012 R2 computers, the size of the stub appears as 0 KB of disk space. However, you can recall the file successfully.
- Verify if the tape is exported before attempting a recall job. To verify the tape, add the nRETRY_RECALL_CHECK_ISTAPEEXPORTED_BEFORE_RECALL additional setting on the MediaAgent computer as shown in the following table.
For instructions on adding the additional settings from the CommCell Console, see Add or Modify an Additional Setting.
After you recycle the Client Manager Service (ClMgrS) services on the client computer or proxy computer, the first stub that you recall takes a long time, and you receive an "Access Denied" error. For more information, see Article ID: NSOP0001.
Use the following method to restore:
- Deleted files
- Deleted stubs that are not yet aged
- From the CommCell Console, navigate to <Client> | NAS Client | File System
Right-click the subclient that contains the data you want to restore and point to Browse and Restore.
- Click View Content.
- Select the folder level under the backup set. Its entire contents will be automatically selected in the right pane.
Click Recover All Selected.
- The data which you want to restore may have been stubbed. In such scenario, by default the stub files are restored. If you wish to restore the data instead of the stub file, select Restore data instead of stub.
Make sure that the Impersonate User check box is enabled. Enter the user name and password that you entered during the Configuration of the subclient.
- You can monitor the progress of the restore job in the Job Controller or Event Viewer window of the CommCell Console.
- Once job is complete, view the details of job from the Restore History.
- Right-click the defaultBackupSet and select View | Restore History.
- Right-click the job and select View Job Details.
Congratulations - You have successfully completed your first Archive and stub recovery.
If you want to further explore this feature read the Advanced Options section of this documentation.
Last modified: 10/13/2017 10:12:42 AM