Installing Commvault Locally on Windows Computers Using the Installation Package
You can install agents and other Commvault software by using the installation package that was created from the Download Manager application.
Before You Begin
- Verify that the installation package that was created from the Download Manager includes the software that you want to install. If some of the software is missing, create a new installation package and include the required software. For instructions, see Downloading Software for Windows Computers Using the Download Manager.
- Prepare your environment and gather the information that you must provide during the installation:
- For MediaAgents, see Plan the MediaAgent Installation and Preinstallation Checklist for the MediaAgent on Windows.
- For agents, see Plan the Installation on Windows Computers and Preinstallation Checklist for Clients.
- For tools, see the Before You Begin section in Installing Commvault Tools.
- Log on to the computer as an Administrator or as a member of the Administrator group on that computer.
In a cluster environment, log on to the physical node of the cluster as an Administrator or as a member of the Administrator group on that computer.
- Run Setup.exe from the installation package.
The installation wizard opens.
- On the welcome page, select the I Agree check box and proceed to the next page.
- On the Choose the Installation Type page, click Install packages on this computer and proceed to the next page.
If the Install Option page is displayed, an agent or another Commvault software is already installed on the computer. To install additional software, click Add Packages.
- On the Select Packages page, select the appropriate category (on the left side) and the package name (on the right side), and then proceed to the next page.
- Follow the instructions in the installation wizard.
- If you are installing the software in a cluster environment, repeat the installation procedure for each physical node on the cluster.
- To help you troubleshoot errors that occur before the installation summary page, check the %allusersprofile%\Commvault Systems\Galaxy\LogFiles\Install.log. If the error occurs after the summary page, check the installation logs in the Software_Installation_Directory\Log Files directory.
What to Do Next
Review the tasks that you must perform after the installation:
- For MediaAgents, see Postinstallation Tasks for the MediaAgent.
- For agents, see Postinstallation Tasks for Clients, and then refer to the Getting Started page of each agent that you installed to perform the required agent configurations.
- For tools, see the What to Do Next section in Installing Commvault Tools.
Last modified: 1/6/2018 5:23:16 AM