Importing and Processing Retention Tags
Use the Exchange Retention Tag Import Utility to import and process retention tags.
Before You Begin
- Both the Exchange Management Tools must be installed and the agent must be located on the client where you import and process the retention tags.
- To perform this procedure, your service account must belong to the Exchange Organization Management group.
- Log on to the computer where the agent is located. Use the appropriate service account credentials.
- Navigate to the software_installation_path\Base folder.
- To open the Exchange Retention Tag Import Utility, double-click Cvrtagcreator.exe.
The collection list appears.
- Optional: Double-click the retention value under Media Retention (days) and change the number.
Any changes that are made to the retention time take effect during the next synthetic full backup.
- In the column to the left of the Name column, select the check box for each retention tag that you want to import.
- Click Import to import the selected retention tags into the CommServe database.
Any change to retention tags that are applied to folders and messages are backed up during the next backup job.
The retention tags are calculated every 24 hours and the messages expire on the secondary storage based on their specified retention period. Messages are no longer visible on the media.
What to Do Next
- Every time you create new retention tags or modify existing retention tags, then the retention tags must be imported into the CommServe database again. The new or modified retention tags are calculated every 24 hours. The newly imported retention tags are applied to all messages that were backed up previously.
- If you have multiple Exchange Organizations, you must log on for each group individually and import the retention tags again.
Last modified: 12/6/2018 6:32:24 PM