Getting Started with the Virtualize Me Feature for Azure
Step 1: Before You Begin
Refer to the following information to learn more about the capabilities and requirements of Virtualize Me for Azure :
Step 2: Install the Windows File System Agent
You must install the Windows File System Agent on the client computer. During the installation, the File System and File System Core packages are selected.
Important: If you only install the File System Core package, you cannot perform system state backups that are essential to perform Virtualize Me operation.
Review each of the following topics to get started with the installation:
- Plan the Installation on Windows Computers
Review general guidelines to prepare for the installation, which include configurations that your computer might need before the installation.
- Preinstallation Checklist for the Windows File System Agent
Review agent-specific guidelines to prepare for the installation, such as gathering the information that you must provide during the installation.
- Installation Methods
Select the installation method that is most appropriate for your environment.
Step 3: Perform a Block-Level Backup of the Client Computer
- Create a user-defined subclient with "/" or the system drive as the subclient content.For instructions, see Creating a User-Defined Subclient for the Windows File System Agent.
- Perform a block-level backup of the subclient. For instructions, see Configuring a Subclient for Block-Level Backups.
- Make sure that you select the Backup System State check box when you configure the subclient content. For instructions, see Configuring System State Backups.
- When you perform a backup of a Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 client, ensure that you enable the Administrator's account.
- You cannot perform the virtualize client computer if the administrator's account is not enabled while performing the backup.
- Do not filter system state components, files or directories that are required to turn on the computer.
- Do not attach more than 100 disks to the client computer. If the client computer has more than 100 disks attached, then the system state backup fails with the following error:
VDS Wrapper list maximum count reached. No more space in the list.
Step 4: Install the Virtual Server Agent
Install the Virtual Server Agent for Azure on at least one client computer in the CommCell Console. For more information, see Deployment of the Virtual Server Agent for Microsoft Azure.
Step 5: Create a Virtualization Client
Create a virtualization client for Azure subscription. For instructions, see Creating a Microsoft Azure Client.
Step 6: User Permissions
The user must have appropriate permissions to perform a Virtualize Me operation. For more information on the required permissions, see User Security Permissions and Permitted Actions by Feature.
Last modified: 3/7/2019 6:46:33 PM