Backing Up Informix Database Using IntelliSnap
Run a full or an incremental IntelliSnap backup operation to back up Informix data.
Before You Begin
- Create an instance for the Informix agent. Run an Informix backup operation from the command line to verify that the new instance is configured properly.
- From the command prompt, execute the following command to back up rootdbs. It is not necessary to back up the entire Informix server.
onbar –b rootdbs
To restore the configuration files, you should have an entry of rootdbs in the ixbar file.
- From the bar_act.log file, verify that the Informix instance is using Commvault as the storage manager.
- From the CommCell Console, schedule transaction log backup operations. You can also use alarmprogram software to schedule log backups.
For more information, see Automatic Log Backups.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > File System > defaultBackupSet.
- Right click the newly created subclient, and then click Backup.
The Backup Options for Subclient dialog box appears.
- In the Select Backup Type pane, choose the backup type:
- To run a full backup, select Full.
- To run an incremental backup, select Incremental.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 2/12/2019 5:34:27 AM