Adding a User-Defined Subclient
You can create user-defined subclients to protect specific groups of instances. Use this approach to provide different policies, options, or backup schedules for different categories of instances.
When an instance is included in a user-defined subclient, it is automatically excluded from the default subclient. This prevents the duplicate backup of any instance by the default subclient. (Duplicate backups can still occur if an instance is included in multiple user-defined subclients.)
You can also set rule-based discovery to automatically discover instances for the subclient. For instructions on setting discovery rules, see Adding Subclient Content.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server> Google Cloud Platform.
- Right-click the backup set, point to All Tasks, and click New Subclient.
- In the New Subclient Properties dialog box, specify the following settings:
- In the Subclient Name box, enter a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab, click Browse and select instances to be backed up.
- On the Storage Device tab, select a storage policy from the Storage Policy box.
If necessary, click Create Storage Policy to create a new storage policy for the subclient.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 6/11/2018 6:51:29 PM