Configuring Automatic Uploads of Disaster Recovery (DR) Backups to Commvault Cloud Services Portal
You can automatically upload copies of DR backups to the Commvault Cloud Services portal.
If you need to rebuild the CommServe server, and both the CommServe server and the destination are unusable — such as after a ransomware attack — you can use the DR backup in the cloud.
- DR backups are uploaded and stored in Microsoft Azure, directly from your CommServe.
- 1 DR backup copy, which includes 1 Full along with the latest Differential copy (if any), is retained in the cloud for 90 days.
For additional information on how DR Backups are stored and managed, see Uploading DR Backups to Commvault Cloud Services Portal.
Before You Begin
Verify the following:
- The CommServe computer uses V11 SP18, or a more recent version.
- The CommServe computer is registered and you have valid credentials (User ID and the password) to access Commvault Cloud Services. For more information about registering the CommServe computer, see Register Your Product.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Home tab, click Control Panel.
- Under Maintenance, click DR Backup.
From the DR Backup Settings dialog box, select the Upload backup metadata to Commvault Cloud check box.
- Click the Change button.
- In the Change User Account dialog box enter the user credentials to upload the DR data, and then click OK.
- Click OK.
Whenever a DR backup is performed, a copy of the DR data will be uploaded to the Commvault Cloud Services portal. (This is in addition to the network share or local drive specified for DR backups.)
- For information about accessing DR backups on the Commvault Cloud Services portal, see Access Disaster Recovery (DR) Backups From Commvault Cloud.
- For information about downloading and recovering DR backups, see Retrieving DR Backups From Commvault Cloud Services Portal.
- For detailed information on how DR Backups are stored and managed in the cloud, see Uploading DR Backups to Commvault Cloud Services Portal.
Last modified: 10/21/2019 7:06:03 PM