Configuring AWS Tape Gateway
You can configure the AWS Tape Gateway as follows:
- Deploy an EC2 instance from the Storage Gateway Console – VTL Gateway – Amazon EC2 and configure the Gateway.
See, http://docs.aws.amazon.com/storagegateway/latest/userguide/ec2-gateway-common.html for more information.
- Activate the gateway from the AWS Storage Gateway console using the IP address associated with the EC2 instance.
See, http://docs.aws.amazon.com/storagegateway/latest/userguide/getting-ip-address.html#get-ip-from-ec2 for more information.
- Create the necessary tapes for the gateway as described in http://docs.aws.amazon.com/storagegateway/latest/userguide/GettingStartedCreateTapes.html.
- Create another EC2 instance using Windows as your primary OS where the MediaAgent will be installed.
- Connect the Storage Gateway resources (VTL device) to the instance in which the MediaAgent is installed, using iSCSI as described in http://docs.aws.amazon.com/storagegateway/latest/userguide/GettingStarted-create-tape-gateway.html.
- Log on to CommCell Console and open the Expert Storage Configuration dialog box.
- From the ribbon in the CommCell Console, click the Storage tab, and then click Expert Storage Configuration.
- Under Available MediaAgents, select the MediaAgent to which the library is attached and then click Add >>.
- Click OK.
- Perform an exhaustive detection so that the library and tapes are discovered.
- From the Expert Storage Configuration dialog box, click the Start menu and choose Detect/Config Devices....
- Select the Exhaustive Detection(Only for libraries without Drive ID support) check box and click OK.
- When the detection process is completed, the log file is displayed. Click Close to proceed.
- Click OK in the Information message
- Configure the library.
See Tape Libraries - Getting Started for more information.
Last modified: 8/2/2018 8:31:57 PM