Configuring an FTP Interface for Edge Drive
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is one of the commonly used protocol for transferring files over the internet. You can configure an FTP Server to allow end users access their Edge Drives through FTP protocols. Using the FTP server, users can view their Edge Drive content from any client applications that are FTP compliant, such as FileZilla and shell FTP.
- Download the CVFTPService.msi zipped package from Commvault Store, and extract the package on your computer. For instructions, see Downloading Items from Commvault Store.
- Navigate to the location where you extracted the package, and then launch the CVFTPService.msi application.
The Commvault FTP Service installer window appears.
- Click Next.
- In the Folder box, type or click Browse to specify the location where you want to install the FTP service, and then click Next.
- In the Web Console URL box, type the complete URL of the Web Console that you use to access your Edge Drive, and then click Next.
For example, http://Web Console host name/webconsole. If you have direct connectivity to the Web Server, you can use the Web Server URL. For example, http://web server host name:port/.
By default, the Web Console or Web Server URL uses HTTP. You can also use HTTPS if you want to use secure access. To set up secure access, see Configuring Secured Access.
- In the IP address box, type the IP address of the computer that you are using to install the FTP Service.
- Optional: By default, port 21 is used for the FTP service. To change the port used for FTP service, in the Port box, type a different port number.
- Click Next.
- To confirm the installation, click Next.
- After the installation is complete, click Close.
- Open the Services window, and then start the Commvault FTP Service.
What to Do Next
Provide the FTP Server URL to end users. End users can connect to the FTP server using their Web Console login credentials from any FTP complaint application. For example, from a web browser, use the following URL format:
Last modified: 3/1/2018 11:33:49 PM