Adding a Database Server
You can add a new database server to the Command Center so that you can protect databases.
When you add a database server, the software automatically performs the following operations:
- Installs the appropriate Commvault software packages on the server.
- Discovers the database instances, and automatically creates corresponding instances in the Command Center.
- Creates the appropriate subclients for the instance.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Databases > DB Instances.
The Instances page appears.
- Click Add server, and select the database type.
The Add database server dialog box appears.
- From the Application type list, select the database type that you want to protect.
- In the Database server name box, type the server name.
- In the Username and Password boxes, type the credentials that you use to connect to the server.
- From the Plan list, select the plan that the software associates with the instances and databases.
The plan determines how often the software performs backup operations.
- Optional: Grant write access to a UNIX group, for example, the dba group. In the UNIX group box, type the name of the group that will have write permissions.
- Click Save.
- Each discovered instance appears on the Instances page.
- The server appears on the Servers page.
Last modified: 10/29/2019 8:37:58 PM