Creating Subclients to Back Up Specific User Accounts
You might not want to assign all your Google user accounts to the default subclient for various reasons. A few of the reasons are as follows:
- You might have different backup requirements for different user accounts. For example, you might want to back up user accounts of employees in the finance department more frequently than the employees in the HR department.
- You might want to group user accounts that have a large amount of content under one subclient, and group the user accounts with less content under a different subclient. Grouping user accounts this way ensures that the backup for subclients that have smaller user accounts finish faster, freeing up the backup stream for larger user accounts.
- When you run a backup operation on a subclient, the user accounts in the subclient are not all backed up simultaneously. The user accounts are backed up sequentially in a single stream, one at a time, so it takes a lot of time for the backup to finish. If you create user-defined subclients and split all your user accounts across these subclients, you can run a backup operation on all the subclients simultaneously. This arrangement backs up one user account per subclient in parallel, creating multiple backup streams.
You can create user-defined subclients and assign specific user accounts to these subclients to meet your backup requirements.
- From the navigation pane, click Protect > Applications > G Suite.
The G Suite apps page appears.
- Click an app.
The app page appears.
- In the Subclients section, click Add subclient.
The Add subclient dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, type a name for the subclient.
- In the Plan box, select a server plan.
- Click Add user.
The Add users dialog box appears.
- In the Name column, select one or more user account check boxes that you want to add.
- Click Add, and then click Save.
- The new user-defined subclient appears in the New_App page, under the Subclients section.
- The added user accounts appear in the user-defined_subclient page, under the Content section.
Last modified: 10/21/2019 6:20:58 AM