Changing the Priority of Communications Service (Cvd)
By default, the priority of the process started by Commvault Communications Service (CVd) is "normal." You can change the priority of this process from the CommCell Console.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to the Client Computers node.
- Right-click the <Client>, and then click Properties.
- On the Client Computer Properties dialog box, click Advanced.
- Click the Additional Settings tab and then click Add.
- In the Name box of the Add Additional Settings dialog box, type PROCESS_PRIORITY. The Category and Type details will be automatically populated.
Alternatively, you can click Lookup and search for the additional setting using the Find box.
- In the Value box, type either 0 for Normal priority, 1 for Below Normal priority, or 2 for High priority.
- Click OK to save the additional setting.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 2/26/2019 3:31:40 PM