Changing the CommServe Host Name on a Client
You can change the full interface name of the CommServe computer on a client or a MediaAgent. The CommServe host name is used by the client and the MediaAgent to communicate with the CommServe.
- If you need to update the CommServe host name for a large number of clients (a bulk name change), contact Customer Support.
- You can also change the host name of the CommServe from the command line. See Changing the CommServe Host Name on Commserve and Remote Clients Using the Command Line Interface.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the client or MediaAgent, and then click Properties.
The properties dialog box appears.
- Update the name:
On a Client Computer
- On the General tab, under Client Name, click Edit.
- In the Edit Client Name Dialog window, update CommServe Hostname with the new name.
- Click OK.
On a MediaAgent Computer
- On the General tab, under Names, click Edit.
- In the Edit MediaAgent Name window, update MediaAgent CommServe Host Name with the new name.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to close the properties dialog box.
Last modified: 10/11/2018 4:04:54 PM