You can add or edit filters for a backup set or a subclient. Filters are criteria to exclude virtual machines from backups.
Define virtual machine filters under VM Filters.
Show Backupset Filters (subclient only)
Select this option to display filters defined at both the subclient and backup set levels. When this option is cleared, only subclient filters are shown on this tab; but backup set filters are still enforced.
Click this button to browse and select server pools, VM pools, servers, storage repositories, or virtual machines.
When you select an object in this dialog box, all child objects are selected, so that they are filtered automatically when a backup is run for the subclient.
Click this button to open the Add Rule or Add Disk Filters dialog box. Use this dialog box to define filters when you want to filter virtual machines based on specific criteria.
You can define the following types of filters:
- VM Name/ Pattern: Select this option to filter virtual machines based on a virtual machine name pattern. For example, to filter all virtual machines that have a name starting with "Test", select this option and enter Test* in the value box.
- Repository: Browse to select a repository.
- Server: Browse to select a server.
- Server Pool: Browse to select a server pool.
- Server Pool Folder: Browse to select a server pool folder.
- Virtual Machine Folder: Browse to select a VM folder.
- Server Folder: Browse to select a server folder.
Select a VM filter entry and click Edit to modify the filter.
Select a VM filter and click Delete to remove the filter from the subclient.
Last modified: 1/8/2018 7:56:08 PM