Configuring the Number of Mount Points for Simultaneous Multi-thread Scan
Applies to: UNIX clients using Indexing V2
By default, multi-thread recursive scan is enabled at the volume level to scan up to 15 volumes simultaneously. You can increase the number of mount points or volumes to scan simultaneously.
Caution: Ensure that you have sufficient hardware resources if you wish to set a value higher than 15 for this additional setting.
- Log on to the CommCell Console.
- On the CommCell Browser, right-click the client and click Properties.
- Click Advanced.
The Advanced Properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Additional Settings tab, and click Add.
The AddAdditional Settings dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, type nMaxScanThreads.
- In the Category box, select FileSystemAgent.
- In the Type box, select Integer.
- In the Value box, type the number of volumes to scan simultaneously.
For example, to increase the number of volumes to scan simultaneously to 20, type 20.
- Click OK.
The additional setting appears in the list on the Additional Settings tab.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 5/4/2018 10:47:32 AM