Configure Events Organizer for End Users
The Events Organizer is a web-based application for creating and managing corporate events such as conferences, seminars, or exhibitions. You can generate reports for tracking and monitoring events and surveys. Users access Events Organizer from the Web Console after they are assigned the Events Organizer permission from the CommCell Console.
Before You Begin
- Deploy the Web Console in your CommCell environment. For installation information, see Installing the Command Center.
- To give Active Directory users access to Events Organizer, complete the following steps:
- To send emails to event participants, configure an email server in the CommCell Console. See E-Mail Server Configuration.
Note: After you configure an email server, on the Web Server computer, restart the Tomcat service and Internet Information Services (IIS).
- If you want event organizers to be able to select users and groups belonging to a different AD domain controller or CommCell user group, then you must also assign the organizers the View permission associated with the AD domain controller, CommCell users, or CommCell groups you would like them to see.
- From the CommCell Console, proceed as follows:
To configure AD users
- In the CommCell Browser, expand Security > Domains.
- Expand the domain that you want to configure, and then click External Groups.
- Right-click the external group name you want to configure, and then click Properties.
To configure CommCell user groups
- In the CommCell Browser, expand Security > CommCell User Groups.
- Right-click the CommCell user group name you want to configure, and then click Properties.
- On the Associated Entities tab, click Add.
- In the Add Association dialog box:
- Under Entities, select the CommCell check box.
- Under Role, select a role with the Events Organizer permission.
- In the permissions list, ensure the All Permissions > Global > Events Organizer check boxes are selected, and then click OK.
Users in the configured group can access Events Organizer after they log in to the Web Console.
Last modified: 10/10/2018 7:45:31 PM