Adding JDBC Drivers to Data Cube
Many common database management system (DBMS) drivers (such as drivers for Microsoft SQL, Oracle, and MySQL) are included with Data Cube. To connect to other types of DBMSs, you can add the Java Database Connector (JDBC) API driver to Data Cube.
Before You Begin
You must obtain the JDBC driver JAR file for the type of database that you want to use. See your database vendor documentation.
- Log on to the Index Store client associated to the Index Server that you want to use for the data source.
- Open the Commvault software installation directory, and then go to CVAnalytics\DataCube\app\sharedLib.
Tip: The default installation directory is located at C:\Program Files\CommVault\ContentStore.
- Copy the JDBC driver JAR file into the sharedLib folder.
- On the Index Store client, restart the Commvault Data Analytics service.
See Restarting a Service.
- Log on to the Web Console.
Note: If you are already logged on to the Web Console, to see the new database driver, you must log out, and then log back on.
- Add the new database data source.
When you configure the data source, select the Index Server to which you added the JDBC driver JAR file, and the new database type appears in the Drivers list.
Last modified: 6/11/2019 5:44:29 PM