Creating Failover Groups
You can use failover groups to set up disaster recovery for a group of virtual machines (VMs) from a Live Sync job.
Before You Begin
- In the CommCell Browser, under Dev-Test & DR, right-click Failover Groups, and then click New Group.
The Failover Group dialog box appears.
- On the Enter the Group Name and Description page, name the policy, type a description, and then click Next.
- On the Source Virtualization Client page, from the Virtualization Client list, select a client, and then click Next.
- On the Select Machines page, configure the VMs to use in the failover group:
- To select some of the VMs from the list, click the box next to the VM name in the Client Machine column.
- To select all of the VMs in the list, click Select All.
- Click Next.
- On the Failover Configuration page, set the priority, failure, and interval options:
- In the Virtual Machine list under Priority, for each VM, select the order in which you want the destination VM to power on.
- To continue powering on VMs, according to priority settings, after a VM fails to power on, select Continue on Failure.
- To configure the time period to before powering on the next VM, next to Priority Interval, type or select the number of minutes.
- Click Next.
- On the Summary Page, click Finish.
Last modified: 5/8/2019 6:31:33 PM