Adding an Edge Drive Folder to Your Laptop
You can access your Edge Drive from your laptop by adding an Edge Drive folder to your laptop's file system.
You can use an Edge Drive folder like a typical folder in your file system, so you can:
- Drag and drop files between folders on your laptop and your Edge Drive folder.
- Add subfolders within your Edge Drive folder.
- Move, edit, and rename files in your Edge Drive.
When you create an Edge drive folder, you will manually synchronize the Edge Drive contents to your folder. After initial synchronization, the folder is monitored every 2 minutes and new changes are synchronized to your Edge Drive automatically.
Before You Begin
Before you can perform the following procedure, ensure you have met the following requirements:
- You must be able to log in to the Web Console. See Accessing the Web Console.
- Install the appropriate laptop package for your laptop's operating system.
Edge Drive is not supported for Linux laptops.
- Your administrator must have added you as a member of the user group having permissions to access Edge Drive and a client owner for your laptop.
Refer to the appropriate procedure for your operating system:
- In the notification area at the far right of the taskbar, right-click the Edge Monitor icon.
The Edge Monitor dialog box appears.
- In the Drive section, click Configure, and then click Offline Edge Drive. Alternatively, you can click the icon, and then click Offline Edge Drive.
- Enter your login credentials for the Web Console, and then click Activate.
- In the Selectively Sync section, navigate and select only the folders that you want to sync in your Edge Drive folder.
To sync all folders, select the Sync All Folders check box.
- Click the down arrow, and select a new or existing folder as your Edge Drive folder.
If you select an existing folder as your Edge Drive folder, the contents of the existing folder are automatically added to your Edge Drive.
If your administrator has configured a default sync folder, the folder is automatically added to your Edge Drive folder.
Note: Folders on mapped drives and UNC locations are currently not supported for Edge Drive.
- To selectively sync the content, select only the folders that you want to sync in your Edge Drive folder.
- Click OK.
- In the menu bar, right-click the Edge Monitor icon and then click Edge Drive.
- Enter your login credentials for the Web Console.
- Select a new or existing folder as your Edge Drive folder.
If you select an existing folder as your Edge Drive folder, the contents of the existing folder will automatically be added to your Edge Drive.
- Click Start Sync.
Note: On Macintosh laptops, the Edge Drive folder does not sync files that have file names with control characters, like < 0x20), \n, \r, \t, %, |.
An Edge Drive component is added to your laptop. The Edge Drive folder is synchronized with your Edge Drive and you can now access your Edge Drive files from your laptop.
To check the sync progress, in the notification area on the task bar or menu bar, right-click the Edge Monitor icon. You can view one of the following status messages:
- Sync Pending - indicates that the sync operation is ready to start.
- Syncing - indicates that the sync operation is in progress. When synchronizing large number of files, the status message also displays the number of files remaining to be synchronized.
- Sync Complete - indicates that the sync operation is complete.
Last modified: 3/1/2019 3:08:28 AM