Installing Laptop Backup for Windows End Users
You can install backup software on your laptop using the installation package provided by your administrator.
Before You Begin
Your administrator must add the installation package to the Download Center on the Web Console. For more information, see Download Center.
- Access the Web Console by doing the following:
- If you received an email from your administrator with a link to the backup software, click on the link in the email.
- Open your web browser and type the Web Console URL provided by the administrator in the address bar.
The URL should be in the following format: http://<HostName>:<Port>/webconsole, for example: http://client.mydomain.com/webconsole.
- If port 80 is used, then you do not need to specify it in the URL.
- By default, the Web Console URL uses HTTP. You can also use HTTPS if you want to use secure access. To set up secure access, see Configuring Secured Access.
- In the Login screen, enter your active directory login credentials and click Login to access the Web Console.
- In the Web Console home page, click Download Center. A security warning appears.
- In the Open File - Security Warning dialog box, click Run.
- On the Download Center page, download the package available for your computer:
- If your computer has Windows 32 bit operating system, the Win32_Install.exe will be available.
- If your computer has Windows 64 bit operating system, the Win64_Install.exe will be available.
If you are unable to download the package, contact your System Administrator.
- Double click the .exe file that you downloaded.
The Custom Install Package wizard opens.
- Click Next to continue.
- On the Extraction Path page, enter the location where you want to extract the installation package and click Next.
The installation proceeds silently and may take several minutes to complete.
When the installation finishes, the User Laptop Registration dialog box appears to register the laptop. If the dialog box does not appear, right-click the Edge Monitor tool and click Register.
- In the User Laptop Registration dialog box, provide the following details:
- Enter the name of the laptop in the Computer Name box. The computer name might be already provided.
- Enter your Web Console credentials in the User Name and Password boxes, and then click Activate.
If SAML integration is enabled, enter the domain name\user name or the email address, and then press Tab.
Edge Monitor automatically redirects to the Idp login screen to authenticate the user. If the Active Directory (AD) users are authenticated using an IWA (Integrated Windows Authentication) server, then the IDP attempts a single sign-on login using the credentials of the AD user who is logged on to the computer. For more information on configuring identify servers for SAML users, see Adding Identity Servers.
To register using the authcode, click using Authcode, and then enter the authcode that you obtained from the administrator. Click Sign In.
The laptop is registered successfully. If you have other laptops registered with your user credentials, the laptop is not yet registered, and the User Laptop Registration dialog box displays some additional instructions. This happens in the following scenarios:
- You had to reinstall the package because the laptop was replaced with a new one, or maybe the laptop went through an operating system upgrade.
- You installed the package on an additional laptop.
- If the User Laptop Registration dialog box prompts that you have other laptops registered with your user credentials, perform one of the following steps:
- If you reinstalled the package and the laptop name is still the same, select the laptop from the list and then click Activate.
- If you reinstalled the package on a new laptop which replaced your old laptop, click New Activation, specify the new laptop name, and then click Activate. After the activation, backups stop running for the old laptop, but you will be provided with options to transfer the data to the new laptop.
- If you installed the package on an additional laptop, click New Activation, specify the new laptop name, and then click Activate.
Last modified: 8/9/2019 9:15:23 PM