Excluding Users as Client Owners
By default, when a user installs and registers the laptop package on a laptop client, the user is automatically added as a client owner for the laptop client and has complete access to their data on the laptop.
To prevent access to the laptop data, you can exclude the user as a client owner before installing the laptop package.
You can also use qscripts to exclude users as client owners. For more information, see Qscript: BlacklistUserGroup.
Before You Begin
You must have the Add, delete, and modify a user group permission at the CommCell environment, company, or domain level. For information about permissions, see Permissions by Feature - User Administration and Security.
- Create a user group.
- To the new user group, add users that need to be excluded as client owners.
- On the user group page, in the General section, click Edit.
The Edit user group dialog box appears.
- Select Laptop admins.
For new installations of the laptop package, the excluded user is not assigned as a client owner. However, the excluded users is still a client owner on laptop clients that are already registered. To remove the user as a client owner for those laptop clients, you must manually remove the user from the client owner list.
- To reassign the excluded user as a client owner, remove the user from the user group selected for excluding its users as client owners. Then, manually add the user as the laptop client owner from the Command Center. For more information, see Adding Device Owners.
- For instructions to create a user group, see Creating a User Group.
- For instructions to add users to a user group, see Managing User Group Membership.
Last modified: 1/10/2020 8:04:53 PM