Configuring Data Sources for One Report on Web Console
You can configure remote CommServe computers and third-party databases as data sources for a single report using the Web Console. You can set the data sources for a particular report that you created or a report that you downloaded from the Commvault Store.
Before You Begin
- To add a data source, your CommCell user account requires a role with the Add Datasource permission and an association with the CommCell entity.
The Delete Datasource, Edit Datasource, and Query Datasource permissions are automatically assigned when you add a data source.
For more information on users, permissions, and associations, see User Administration and Security - Overview.
- If the Private Metrics Reporting Server cannot connect to the CommServe computer, or if you have a firewall between the remote CommServe computer and the Private Metrics Reporting Server, then you must establish a connection using the CommCell Console. For instructions, see Configuring CommServes as Data Sources on CommCell Console.
- Log on to the Web Console, and then click Reports.
The Reports page appears.
- Click a report.
- At the top of the page, select File > Edit.
The Report Builder appears.
- On the Data Sets tab, next to a data set, click Edit .
The Edit Data Set dialog box appears.
- In the Data Sources list, select the data source that you want to use for the report.
- In the Databases list, select the database that you want to use for the report.
- Click Preview.
- Click Done.
- At the top of the page, click Save, and then click Deploy.
Last modified: 11/2/2018 8:08:01 PM