The following must be done before using ONTAP Snapshot.
- Verify System Requirements: The source and destination computers must meet the System Requirements, and have a supported operating system platform and application server software for using ONTAP Snapshot with ContinuousDataReplicator (CDR). Refer to ContinuousDataReplicator -- Application Support and Snapshot Engines - Support.
- Install the Software: Install CDR software on the source and destination computer(s). For instructions, see Deployment - ContinuousDataReplicator.
- Configure the Agent: For UNIX, right-click the Agent and select Properties. In the Authentication tab, click Filer Management. From the Array management dialog box, add the credentials for the user account to be used when using ONTAP snapshots.
Note: Ensure that you provide the fully qualified domain name or TCP/IP address of the filer in the Control Device ID field.
- Configure the Replication Set: For Windows, for a destination computer to use ONTAP Snapshot to create Recovery Points, right-click the Replication Set on the source computer and select Properties. In the Replication Options tab, select ONTAP in the Select Snap Engine Type for Recovery Point Creation section. To access the filer, specify user account information in the General tab of the replication set properties on the source computer. For Unix, the Snapshot engine is automatically selected based on your destination.
For Fan-In Recovery Points on Windows, right-click the ContinuousDataReplicator Agent on the destination computer and select Properties. In the Fan-In tab, click Recovery Points tab and select Use ONTAP snapshot for ONTAP LUN destinations option, to create ONTAP snapshots on iSCSI LUN. If your destination is NetApp filer and destination path is UNC path, ONTAP Snapshot engine is automatically selected.
To access the filer, you must specify the user credential details as follows:
- For Recovery Points, from the General tab of the replication set properties on the source computer, specify the credentials for the user account to be used when using ONTAP snapshots.
- For Fan-In Recovery Points, from the General tab of the agent properties on the destination computer, specify the credentials for the user account to be used when using ONTAP snapshots.
For more information about configuring, creating, and using Recovery Points with CDR, see Recovery Points.
Last modified: 2/20/2019 8:01:45 PM