Full backups provide the most comprehensive protection of data. However, full backups also consume the most amount of time and resources. To streamline the backup process, several additional backup types are available. The sections below describe the additional backup types that are available.
Note: Backup and restores of entire virtual machines are supported for all guest operating systems supported by VMware.
- From the CommCell Console, navigate to Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > VMware > backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient and click Backup.
- Select Full as backup type and Immediate to run the job immediately.
- You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller or Event Viewer window.
- Once job is complete, view the details of job from the Job History.
Right-click the client computer, click View and then click View Job History.
- Click OK.
- You can view the following details about the job by right-clicking the job:
- Items that succeeded during the job
- Items that failed during the job
- Details of the job
- Media associated with the job
- Events of the job
- Log files of the job.
Last modified: 4/17/2019 3:07:02 PM