Enabling Verification of Datafiles During an Oracle RAC Backup (Snap Integrity Check)
The Snap Integrity Checks are off by default.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers <Client>| Oracle RAC | <Instance>.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Properties.
- Navigate to the IntelliSnap Operations tab the Subclient Properties dialog.
Check the Enable Snap Integrity Check check box to enable the feature.
Clear the Enable Snap Integrity Check check box to disable the feature.
- Click OK.
The following steps are performed during an IntelliSnap backup without the snap integrity check
- The database is placed in a quiesced state.
- A snapshot is created for data volumes.
- The database is placed in a unquiesced state.
- The snapshot is created for log volumes.
When the Snap Integrity Check is enabled, the following two additional steps are performed after taking snaps.
- The snapshot is mounted on the source and cataloging of datafiles/archived logs is performed from the mounted snapshot. This verifies whether all the datafiles/archived logs are properly captured during an IntelliSnap backup. RMAN catalog datafilecopy checks the datafile header and verify its authenticity before cataloging it.
- Once the catalog is completed, an uncatalog happens and the snapshot is unmounted from the source.
Last modified: 10/2/2018 7:53:33 PM