Configuring Oracle File System Backup Copy
By default the system uses the File System for copying data to the media. The system scans the file, then generates and reads the collect file. It then extracts the file list and copies the data to the tape or magnetic library using the MediaAgent data mover.
The advantages include:
- Simpler configuration
- Fewer required resources
- The same proxy computer can be used when running parallel backup copies for different sources.
The disadvantages include:
- Oracle ASM databases are not supported for File System backup copy. For non-ASM databases, only full backups are supported.
- Backups include empty blocks of data files.
Before You Begin
Verify all File System Copy Proxy Client Requirements are met.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers > client > Oracle > instance.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Properties.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- On the IntelliSnap Operations tab, make the following selections:
- Select the IntelliSnap check box.
- From the Available Snap Engines list, select the storage array.
- Click OK to close the Subclient Properties dialog box.
Last modified: 9/12/2019 4:36:04 PM