Adding NAS Client and Network Share for the Network Share IntelliSnap Backup for CIFS Shares
For the IntelliSnap Backup for CIFS Shares, you need to add a NAS client and a network share with the Windows file system. You can add the client and the network share at the same time, or one or the other, at a later time.
Before You Begin
If you want to run NAS backup operations, then you need to provide the NDMP credentials.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click Client Computers, and then click New Client > File System >NAS/Network Share.
The Add NAS/Network Share dialog box appears. NAS is selected by default.
- On the NDMP Properties tab, NDMP Server Hostname box, enter a NAS file server name or IP address.
- In the NDMP Login box, enter a user account that can access the storage array.
- In the NDMP Password box, enter the password for the login account, and then click Detect.
The Vendor value appears.
- Click the General tab, and then select Network Share.
- Windows and UNIX are selected by default. Clear UNIX, and then click OK.
A Windows file system agent is added under the NAS client.
Last modified: 4/12/2019 6:28:59 PM