Getting Started with the Virtual Server Agent for Azure
Step 1: Before You Begin
- This page assumes you have already installed CommServe software. If not, refer to the CommCell Quick Start Guide.
- Review possible deployment scenarios.
- Refer to the following information to learn more about the requirements and capabilities of the Virtual Server Agent for Azure:
Step 2: Install the Virtual Server Agent
Review each of the following topics to get started with the installation:
- Prepare the Installation on Windows Computers
Review general guidelines to prepare for the installation, which include configurations that your computer might need before the installation.
- Preinstallation Checklist for the Virtual Server Agent
Review agent specific guidelines to prepare for the installation, such as gathering the information that you must provide during the installation.
- Installation Methods
Select the installation method that is most appropriate for your environment.
- On VSA proxies that are used to perform IntelliSnap backup copy operations, install the MediaAgent package in addition to the Virtual Server Agent. The MediaAgent is required to perform mount operations on the VSA proxy.
- The CommServe host, MediaAgent, and VSA proxy must all be able to communicate with each other. For information about firewalled environments, ensure that firewall requirements are met.
Step 3: Prepare for Your First Backup and Restore
- Open the CommCell Console.
- Configure a storage device.
You can define Commvault storage libraries as on-premises media or cloud storage libraries.
For information about cloud storage libraries, see Creating a Cloud Storage Library.
- Optional: Configure a Storage Policy. See Storage Policy - Getting Started.
- Create a virtualization client for the Azure subscription.
- Modify the default subclient or create a user-defined subclient.
- Optional: Decide whether to add the following functionality:
- To be notified of events that require attention, see Alerts and Notifications - Overview.
- To report and analyze critical data about your CommCell operations, see Reports Overview.
- To manage security, see User Account and Password Management - Getting Started.
Step 4: Run Your First Backup and Restore
Step 5: Where to Go from Here
- For additional configuration options, see Configuration for Azure.
- To configure data retention and data aging for this agent, see Data Aging - Getting Started.
Last modified: 3/7/2019 6:38:35 PM