Deleting Snapshots with IntelliSnap for Amazon
Snapshots can either be deleted using job-based pruning or by deleting from the list of displayed snapshots when browsing snapshots. Data Aging can also be used to define the retention rules and pruning of snapshots.
- Manual deletion of snapshots is not recommended. When a snapshot is deleted, it is no longer possible to perform data recovery operations from the snapshot copy. However, if a backup copy was created from the snapshot, data recovery operations can be performed from the backup copy.
- Ensure that the snapshot to be deleted is not mounted.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient and click List Snaps.
- Right-click the snapshot to delete.
- Click Delete.
- Enter the confirmation text string: erase snapshot.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 3/11/2019 3:31:03 PM