Configuring the Nutanix Storage Array Using Array Management
For IntelliSnap backups from Commvault software, add the Nutanix storage array and its configuration information to the CommServe database.
Before You Begin
Read the following information about the Microsoft Hyper-V agent and the VMware agent.
Notes for Microsoft Hyper-V
- On the Nutanix Hyper-V node, install the Virtual Server Agent (VSA) and the MediaAgent.
- For disk and configuration paths for the virtual machine (VM), use fully qualified domain names (FQDNs).
- You cannot use the Commvault software to create snapshot backups of VMs that have volume groups (VGs) attached.
Notes for VMware
- You must add the IP addresses of all the Nutanix cluster nodes to Array Management.
- When you add ESXi hosts to vCenter, verify that the format of the ESXi host name matches the host name format in the vCenter.
- Nutanix VMware IntelliSnap backups are created at the container level. With this, all VMs within the container must belong to one protection domain; either a user-created protection domain or a Commvault-created protection domain. If one or more of the VMs within a container belong to one protection domain while the remaining VMs in that same container belong to a different protection domain, you will be prompted with the following error during the IntelliSnap backup operation:
"Error while protecting vStore having uuid xxxx. VM(s) in this vstore are already protected by another protection domain."
- If the host name format is a short name, then use a short name to add the host to the vCenter.
- If the host name format is an FQDN, then use an FQDN to add the host to the vCenter.
- If the host name is an IP address, then use the same IP address to add the host to the vCenter.
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, click the Storage tab, and then click Array Management.
The Array Management dialog box appears.
- Click Add.
The Array Properties dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, specify the following information:
- From the Snap Vendor list, select Nutanix.
- In the Name box, enter the cluster’s external IP address.
- In the Credentials area, click Change.
The Enter the User Name and Password dialog box appears.
- Type the credentials of a user who has cluster administrator credentials, and then click OK.
- To configure additional MediaAgents to perform operations on the storage array, on the Array Access Nodes tab, select configuration options.
For more information, see Configuring Array Access Nodes.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 7/15/2019 10:04:53 PM