Configuring the IBM XIV Storage Array Using Array Management
For IntelliSnap backups from Commvault software, add the IBM XIV storage array and its configuration information to the CommServe database.
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, click the Storage tab, and then click Array Management.
The Array Management dialog box appears.
- Click Add.
The Array Properties dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, specify the following information:
- From the Snap Vendor list, select IBM XIV.
- In the Name box, enter the first 7 digits of the System ID (S/N) serial number for the array.
- In the Control Host box, enter the IP address or the host name of the array.
- In the Credentials area, click Change.
The Enter the User Name and Password dialog box appears.
- Type the credentials of a user who has the following privileges:
- Create snapshots and duplicates; map, unmap, revert, and delete snapshots
- Create a host and assign initiators to a host
- Click OK.
- To configure additional MediaAgents to perform operations on the storage array, click the Array Access Nodes tab, and then select configuration options.
For more information, see Configuring Array Access Nodes.
- On the Snap Configuration tab, configure the snapshot configuration properties for your environment or use the default values.
For more information, see Snap Configuration.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 7/15/2019 8:06:09 PM