Inline Replication for the HPE 3PAR StoreServ / Primera Storage Array
The HPE 3PAR StoreServ / Primera inline replication feature creates a replica copy of the primary snapshot copy of the local array on a remote array.
When you run a snap backup operation, the snapshot is created on the local array and on the remote array.
You can use the replication feature with the following storage arrays:
- HPE Primera
- HPE 3PAR StoreServ
The key features of the HPE 3PAR StoreServ / Primera inline replication feature are as follows:
- The primary copy and the replica copy are independent of each other and can have separate retention policies.
- The primary snapshot and the replica copy are application-consistent.
- The snapshot replication is performed only if the subclient on which you run the snapshot operation is associated with the replica copy.
- You can replicate snapshots between HPE Primera and HPE 3PAR StoreServ and vice-versa.
- You cannot use the revert operation on the primary snapshot or on the replica copy.
- You cannot perform revert operations for the primary snapshot copies or replica copies.
Last modified: 1/8/2020 8:50:10 PM