System Requirements for Virtual Server Agent with Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
The following requirements are for the Virtual Server Agent (VSA).
- RHEV Manager (RHEV-M or RHEV-H) 3.5.x, 3.6.x, 4.0, 4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3
- RHEV Hypervisor (RHEV-H or RHV-H) 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4 (based on the Host Compatibility Matrix for the RHEV-M version in Red Hat documentation)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Host (RHEL-H) 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5
If you install a VirtIO SCSI driver, ensure that the installed driver is identified as a stable version.
Proxy Operating System
For Red Hat, the proxy computer is always a virtual machine on the Red Hat cluster. You can deploy multiple proxies to provide load distribution for backup operations.
- The Virtual Server Agent (VSA) can be installed on virtual machines with the following operating systems:
- RHEL 6.5, RHEL 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
For Linux proxies, disable lvmetad to avoid issues with HotAdd operations during backup and recovery.
- To perform backups of virtual machines configured with VirtIO SCSI disks, enable the VirtIO SCSI option on the VSA proxy VM, and then install the corresponding drivers.
Network File System (NFS), iSCSI, and Fibre Channel
Red Hat Guest Tools
Red Hat guest tools must be installed in VSA proxy machines.
Red Hat Subscriptions
Use the Red Hat Subscription Manager to subscribe to all required channels.
For information about hardware requirements for the Virtual Server Agent, see Hardware Specifications for Virtual Server Agent.
Third-party maintenance (minor) releases or service packs that are supported by the Commvault software may not be listed in our System Requirements. When possible, Commvault provides information on any known issues related to these minor releases or service packs. In some cases, these minor releases or service packs affect how the Commvault software works. Commvault software may experience changes in functionality as the result of the third-party minor release or service pack. These changes are beyond the control of Commvault. Platforms that are supported in the current version of Commvault software may not be supported in earlier versions of the software. Contact your software provider to ensure that third-party minor releases or service packs are compatible with the Commvault software.
Additional considerations regarding minimum requirements and End-of-Life policies from third-party vendors also apply.
Last modified: 1/16/2020 7:54:38 PM