Creating an Oracle Cloud Client
An Oracle Cloud virtualization client is required to create VM Lifecycle Policies. You must create Oracle Cloud clients on client computers installed with the Virtual Server Agent. Backup and restore operations are not supported on Oracle Cloud client computers.
Before you Begin
- Install the Virtual Server Agent (VSA) on at least one instance (proxy) in each region. You can install the VSA on other instances to create additional VSA proxies for each region.
- Enable the Oracle Cloud VM Lifecycle Management feature.
- Obtain an Oracle Cloud account from the Oracle Compute Cloud Service website. Oracle Cloud Compute Cloud Service log-on credentials are required to create an Oracle Cloud client.
- In the CommCell Browser, right click Client Computers, and then click New Client > Virtualization > Oracle Cloud.
- In the Create Oracle Cloud Client dialog box, enter the client name, access key, and secret key, and then identify VSA proxies to be used with the Oracle Cloud client:
- Client Name: Type a name for the client that will appear in the CommCell Browser.
- Endpoint:Type the address for the REST API endpoint that is associated with your Oracle Cloud account.
For example: api-b12.compute.us5.oraclecloud.com
- Identity Domain/User Name: Type both the domain and user name that is associated with your Oracle Cloud account.
For example: email@example.com
- Password and Confirm Password: Type the password associated with your Oracle Cloud user name.
- Next to Proxies, click Add, and in the Select Clients/Client Groups dialog box, select proxies to be used for backups and restores, and then click OK.
- Click OK to create the Oracle Cloud client.
Last modified: 6/18/2019 8:18:37 PM