Hot-Add Installations - Virtualized Agent and Physical MediaAgent
In this configuration, the Virtual Server Agent is installed in hot-add mode while the MediaAgent is installed on a physical computer. Data is transferred over the LAN to the physical MediaAgent. This model also allows for the use of a centralized Windows MediaAgent and Linux MediaAgents. Shared storage is required for Hot-Add mode backups of virtual machines living on other ESX Server hosts.
When to Use
- Direct backup to tape or Silo to cloud is required.
- Segregation of backup and production data is possible.
- Physical MA is required for other protection tasks and secondary operations.
When Not to Use
- Segregation of backup and production data is not possible.
- SAN based DataStores on Fibre Channel or iSCSI are in use. (use all physical configuration)
Last modified: 2/12/2019 8:17:01 PM