Adding a Backup Set for Oracle VM
Backup sets provide administration for data operations on virtual machines.
A default backup set is created automatically for a virtualization client. By default, the default backup set manages backup and restore operations for all virtual machines for the client. You can add additional backup sets to provide separate administrative units. For example, you might provide separate backup sets to manage different classes of virtual machines, such as the following:
- Virtual machines supporting high-transaction database applications
- Linux virtual machines
- Virtual machines supporting development and testing
A backup set contains a default subclient; you can add additional subclients as needed to protect different groups of virtual machines within the backup set.
Caution: If a backup set is deleted, backup data for the backup set cannot be recovered.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server.
- Right-click the OracleVM instance, point to All Tasks, and then click Create New Backup Set.
The Create New Backup Set dialog box appears.
- Provide the following settings.
- In the New Backup Set Name box, enter the backup set name.
- In the Storage Policy box, select a storage policy name.
- To assign the new backup set as the default backup set, select the Make this the Default backup set check box.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 4/27/2018 7:32:20 PM