Adding the Greenplum Pseudo-Client
Create a Greenplum pseudo-client in the CommCell Console for the Greenplum Database system that you want to backup and restore.
The pseudo-client represents the Greenplum master and segment hosts.
- From the CommCell Bowser, right-click Client Computers, point to New Client > Big Data Apps, and then click Greenplum.
The Create Greenplum Client dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, enter the details that the Greenplum admin uses to connect to the Greenplum master host.
- To use the agentless backup feature, select the Agentless check box.
- In the Client Name box, type the name that you want to use to identify the specific Greenplum Database system.
- In the Instance Name box, type the name that you want to use to identify the Greenplum installation.
- In the Master Node box, type the name of the Greenplum master host.
- In the Master Data Directory box, type the full path of the directory that contains the Greenplum system catalog.
Note: The rest of the fields on this tab are not required if you choose the agentless feature option.
- In the Greenplum Home Directory box, type the full path of the directory that contains the Greenplum software.
- In the Greenplum Admin box, type the name of the Greenplum admin user.
- In the Greenplum Database Name box, type the name of the database that you want to connect to.
Note: This database must exist in the Greenplum instance.
You can use an actual database, or you can use the "template1" database that Greenplum installs by default.
- In the Port Number box, type the port number that to connect to Greenplum Database System.
Note: The default is 5432.
- On the Storage Device tab, on the Data Storage Policy tab, from the Storage Policy used by default subclient list, select the storage policy.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 5/14/2018 9:37:59 PM