Creating Exchange Journal Policies
Applies to: ContentStore Mailbox, and Journal Mailbox
Exchange journal policies determine what happens to journaled messages after they are archived. In addition, you can enable content indexing for journaled messages that are archived.
Note: Some options are available only for the Journal Mailbox, and not for the ContentStore Mailbox.
Important: For the ContentStore Mailbox and the Journal Mailbox, cleanup is configured in the Exchange journal policy, and not in the Exchange cleanup policy. For the cleanup operation to delete journaled messages after they have been archived, you must select the After messages are archived, delete them from the server during the cleanup job check box in the Exchange journal policy.
Before You Begin
If you plan to include or exclude folders on the Filters tab, consider the following:
- The folder names that you include or exclude must be in the same language (locale) that is used by your end users in Microsoft Outlook. Click Add, and then enter the folder names in each language that you support. You can add folder names in several languages within one policy, or create separate policies for each language.
- Folder names that you include or exclude must not contain square brackets (for example, [Folder Name]). The square bracket is treated as a regular expression, and not as a literal character.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Policies > Configuration Policies.
- Right-click Exchange Policies, and then click New Journal Policy.
The Create New Journal Policy dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, in the Policy Name box, type name of the policy.
- If you want to delete the journal messages from the SMTP server or Exchange server after the messages are archived, select the After messages are archived, delete them from the server during the cleanup job check box.
- Journal Mailbox only: On the Filters tab, define which folders and message types will be archived.
- On the Exclude Folders subtab, select the folders that you do not want to archive, and then move them to the Selected list.
- On the Exclude Message Types subtab, select the message types that you do not want to archive, and then move them to the Selected list.
- On the Include Folders subtab, select the folders that you want to archive from the Available list, and then move them to the Selected list.
- Optional: On the Advanced tab, define options that are specific to each mailbox type.
- On the ContentStore Mailbox subtab, define when the archiving job is complete.
- On the Journal Mailbox subtab, do any of the following:
- If you want the Exchange Mailbox Agent to apply the filters that you specified in the policy instead of the Exchange server, clear the Use Exchange restrictions check box.
- Define when the archiving job is complete.
- Optional: Configure content indexing.
- On the Content Indexing tab, select the Enable Content Indexing check box.
- Optional: On the General subtab, select the Pre-generate previews check box, and then configure the location where the previews are stored.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 7/16/2018 7:48:56 PM