Adding Oracle Archiving Instances on the CommCell Console
You need to configure an instance for both the production and archive databases on the CommCell Console.
Create a new user with the privileges that are defined in Required Privileges for the Production Database Connect Userand Required Privileges for the Archive Database Archive User and use the credentials for the connect details when you configure the instances. If you plan to run streaming backups and restores on the same instances, the user must also have "sysdba" privileges.
Do not use "/" (slash) or "sys" as the Connect string name for the owner of the archive tables.
Note: Ignore the error that the CommCell Console displays when data protection is not required, and then continue with the “No” option. The message is similar to on of the following messages.
[Oracle reported the following error: ORA-01017: invalid username/password;logon denied.]
(ORA-01031: insufficient privileges)
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client.
- Right-click Oracle, point to All Tasks and then click New Instance (ORACLE SID).
The Creating New Instance dialog box appears.
- On the General tab:
- In the Instance (ORACLE SID) box, enter the instance name.
- In the User Account box, enter the login credentials to access the Oracle client.
- In the ORACLE HOME box, enter the Oracle application install path.
- In the Storage Policy used for the data of default subclient list, select a storage policy name.
- On the Details tab, select the Use Connect String check box and in the Connect String box enter the Oracle connect string credentials.
Type the Connect String to connect to the Oracle database.
- Enter the database user name in the Connect String first box.
- Enter the database user password in the Connect String second box.
- In the Confirm Password dialog box, re-enter the password, and click OK.
- Enter the Oracle service name in the Connect String third box.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 9/5/2018 1:54:55 PM