The following section provides step-by-step instructions for performing your first backup:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers |<Client> | PostgreSQL | <Instance> | DumpBasedBackupSet.
Right-click the default subclient and click Backup.
- Click Full as backup type and then click Immediate.
- Click OK.
- You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller window of the CommCell console.
- Once the job is complete, view the job details from the Backup History. Right-click the Subclient and select Backup History.
- Click OK.
- You can view the following details about the job by right-clicking the job:
- Items that failed during the job
- Items that succeeded during the job
- Details of the job
- Events of the job
- Log files of the job
- Media associated with the job
What Gets Backed Up
Dump Based Backup
- PostgreSQL system databases
- PostgreSQL user databases
File System Based Backup
- PostgreSQL databases (data and logs)
- Log files
What Does Not Get Backed Up
- PostgreSQL application files
- Operating system data
Use the File System Agent to back up the above mentioned components.
Note: If TDE or Always Encrypted are enabled, then the following rules apply:
- Backups are not affected.
- If you have a storage policy that uses deduplication, then the deduplication ratio is low or non-existent.
- If the restore destination is a different client or instance, then the database administrator must back up the encryption key, and present it to the destination instance.
Last modified: 10/7/2019 4:19:13 AM