Backup - OpenVMS File System iDataAgent
Perform a Backup
Once the OpenVMS client is created and the storage policy is configured for the default subclient, you are ready to perform your first backup.
The following section provides step-by-step instructions for performing your first backup:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | Proxy Client File System | defaultBackupSet.
Right-click the default subclient and click Backup.
- Click Full as backup type and then click Immediate.
- You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller window of the CommCell console.
- Once the job is complete, view the job details from the Backup History. Right-click the Subclient and select Backup History.
- Click OK.
- You can right-click the job and view the following details:
- Items that failed during the job
- Details of the job
- Events of the job
- Log files of the job
- Media associated with the job
What Gets Backed Up
What Does Not Get Backed Up
On-Disk Structure 2 File System (ODS-2)
On-Disk Structure 5 File System (ODS-5)
By default, the following file systems are automatically skipped during backups:
File System Elements
Files with names that contain non-ASCII characters as long as the appropriate locales are set
Note: You can suspend or stop an application that has a lock on a file that you want to back up.
Last modified: 1/12/2018 11:11:02 AM