Configuring Shutdown and Startup Scripts for Oracle RAC Offline Backups
In order to perform offline backups of the Oracle database, all users must be logged out of the database and it must be completely shut down. When the database is online, you can enable a graceful shutdown of the database using lights out script that will notify the users about the shutdown and set a specific wait time for the users to logout of the database.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers | <RAC Client>| <Instance>.
- Right-click the <Subclient>, and then click Properties.
- On the Content tab, select Offline Database.
- On the Offline Arguments tab, select the Run Shutdown/Startup Script check box.
- Select the Broadcast Warning Message to Users check box to display a warning message on the physical node.
- In the Delay Time After Warning Message (Min) box, select the delay time interval in minutes.
- Select the Use SQL Connect check box to connect to the Oracle database using the SQL command connect <connect string> as sysdba.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 10/29/2018 1:20:06 PM