Configuring Oracle Subclients That Use IntelliSnap and Image Copy
You can configure the subclient to create a clone from an image copy. When you perform a backup operation on the subclient, the software uses RMAN to back up the incremental database changes to a non-production image copy volume that can be snapped, and then takes a snap of the volume.
If you have a UNIX configuration, you can use an ASM diskgroup for the Oracle image copy location. The location must be the base name of the ASM diskgroup, for example, +ASMDISKGROUP. You cannot use a subdirectory. If you use an ASM diskgroup for your image copy location, then the MediaAgent must have a UNIX operating system.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Client Computers > client > Oracle.
- Right-click the instance, then go to All Tasks > New Subclient.
The Creating New Subclient dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient Name box, enter a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab, make the following selections:
- Select the Data check box.
- Click the Online Database option.
- On the Log Backup tab, select the Backup Archive Log check box.
- On the Storage Device tab, from the Storage Policy list, select the storage policy name.
- On the IntelliSnap Operations tab, configure the IntelliSnap options:
- Select the IntelliSnap check box.
A message appears that states that the next backup will be a full backup.
- Click OK.
- From the Available Snap Engines list, select the storage engine that applies to the image copy volume. To use the NFS ObjectStore snap engine, select Commvault NFS ObjectStore Snap.
- To use a proxy server, from the Use Proxy list, select the appropriate MediaAgent.
This is the MediaAgent that is used to perform the IntelliSnap and backup copy operations.
Note: Make sure that the operating system version on the proxy server is either the same version or a later version than the operating system version on the client computer.
- To have the backup copy operation fall back to the source if the proxy is unreachable, select the Use source if proxy is unreachable check box.
This prevents the interruption of the backup schedule when the proxy cannot be reached.
- Optional: To perform an integrity check of the hardware, select the Enable Snap Integrity Check check box.
- Select the Use RMAN Image Copy check box.
When you select this option, the software automatically selects Volume Copy (Block-Level Backup - Support Instant Database Recover) as the Backup Copy Interface.
- In the Path box, enter the image copy path, or if you are using the NFS ObjectStore snap engine, enter the NFS ObjectStore mount point.
Note: The path must have the following properties:
- It must be a mount path that can be snapped.
- It must have enough space to store the maximum size of all the datafiles and one incremental backup.
- If you use a file system (and not an ASM diskgroup), it must have UNIX 750 permissions
- Select the IntelliSnap check box.
- If you are using NFS ObjectStore as the snap engine, click either File System or RMAN to specify the Backup Copy Interface.
- To turn on synchronization of data on the source disk and the index, select Reconcile Backup, and then enter the number of days from the previous backup. This option makes the backup job compare the data blocks on the disk to the data on the index. Data blocks that do not match with the index are included in the backup.
- Optional: Run scripts before or after the backup. On the Pre/Post Process tab configure the options:
- In the PreBackup process box, type the full path name for the script.
- In the PostBackup process box, type the full path name for the script.
- To run the post backup process regardless of the job's outcome, select the Run Post Backup Process for all attempts check box.
- Click OK to close the Creating New Subclient dialog box.
Last modified: 11/20/2019 6:51:56 PM