Generating a Command Line Script for Backups Using the CommCell Console
In addition to the element values provided in the template XML file, you can include additional options for the backup. To do this, select the required options from Backup Options dialog box in the CommCell Console, and then generate the command line XML script for the backup.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers > client > File System > defaultBackupSet.
- Right-click the default subclient, and then click Backup.
The Backup Options dialog box appears.
- Select the required backup options that you want to run using the script.
- Click Save as Script.
The Save As Script dialog box appears.
- Enter the path where the script will be saved and include the file name and extension.
For example, C:\scripts\myscript.bat.
The script is saved as an .xml file and .bat file.
If a file with the same name already exists in the specified location, both the .xml and .bat files will be overwritten.
- Enter the username and password for the user account that you want to use to perform the backup.
By default, the user account that you use to log on to CommCell Console is used to perform the backup. However, if the user account does not have access to any application or database, select Use a different account.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 1/11/2018 6:06:08 PM