Configuring a Subclient to Not Remove Deleted Databases
You can configure a subclient to not remove deleted databases. By default, when databases are deleted from the SQL Server they are also removed from the subclient during the next backup operation.
You can keep deleted databases from being removed from a subclient's content by using one of the following methods:
- On the SQL Agent Configuration dialog box, select the Do not remove database from subclient if database is non-existent check box. This sets the property for the entire CommCell environment, and impacts all SQL clients.
- Create the additional setting nIgnoreNonExistentDB. This sets a SQL client-level property.
Note: This additional setting is not supported for SQL Availability Group subclients.
Change the Setting from the Control Panel for the Entire CommCell Environment
This procedure sets the necessary property for the whole CommCell environment. Consequently, when the setting is changed in this procedure, each SQL agent is configured to keep deleted databases from being removed from a subclient's content.
- On the CommCell Console ribbon, click the Home tab, and then click Control Panel.
- In the User pane, click SQL iDataAgent.
The SQL Agent Configuration (SQL Configuration) dialog box appears.
- On the SQL Configuration tab, select the Do not remove database from subclient if database is non-existent check box.
- Click OK.
Create the Additional Setting nIgnoreNonExistentDB for the Individual Client Level
This procedure sets the necessary property at the SQL client computer level.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers.
- Right-click the desired client, and then click Properties.
- In the Client Computer Properties dialog box, click Advanced.
- In the Advanced Client Properties dialog box, click the Additional Settings tab, then click Add.
- In the Add Additional Settings dialog box, set up the additional setting:
- In the Name box, type nIgnoreNonExistentDB.
- In the Category list, select MSSQLAgent.
- In the Type list, select INTEGER.
- In the Value box, type 0.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to close the Advanced Client Properties dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Client Computer Properties dialog box.
Last modified: 5/30/2019 3:47:35 PM